New facilities for CO2 Capture, Transport and Storage research approved to be included in the ECCSEL RI.
Capture, Transport, Storage, Other
22 January 2020
In total 16 new facilities from 3 countries were approved for inclusion.
The facilities are operated by the following companies in three countries:
UK - University of Edinburgh (SSCS)
- PSA:Multi-column Vacuum Pressure Swing Adsorption
- AGL: Applied Geoscience Laboratory
- Microwave Swing: Microwave Swing Adsorption
- MFPCS - Multiphase flow: Multiphase Flow in Single Pores and Core Samples
- CySim - Adsorption model.: Adsorption Process Modelling and Optimisation
UK - Heriot Watt University
- CompModSim: Computational Modelling and Simulation Laboratory
- X-Ray CT - HWU-RCCS: X-Ray CT Scanner
- Core Flood Rig: Core Flood Rig
- Carbon Capture Rigs: Carbon Capture Rigs and Materials Characterisation
- PHOTO RIG: Photocatalysis Reactor and Photoelectrochemical Rigs
UK - University of Aberdeen
- X-RAY TOMOGRAPHY: MicroCT - Aberdeen X-Ray Tomography Lab / ZEISS XRadia 410 Versa High-Resolution 3D X-ray Tomography Microscope System
- ACEMAC Nano-scale: Aberdeen Centre for Electron Microscopy, Analysis and Characterisation (ACEMAC) - Micro and Nano Microscopy and Analysis Facility
UK - University of Strathclyde
- AMRL: Advanced Materials Research Laboratory
- XCT: NIKON XT H 225/320 LC COMPUTER TOMOGRAPHY “NYX”
UK - TUV NEL
- CO2 Static Test Facility: Static CO2 Facility
Italy - LEAP (Laboratorio Energia e Ambiente Piacenza)
- "CO2 box” is composed by two apparatuses: a phase equilibrium test rig + a single phase test rig. It is useful to study properties of CO2 and CO2 mixtures, and to investigate flow in pipelines and wells, ship transport.
Norway - Sintef Energy Research
The full descriptions and fact sheets will be available on the ECCSEL website early February.