Application & Selection criteria
The current Transnational Access Call will stay open until June 2017 (or until TA budget has been used up). Applications will be reviewed monthly with the first cut-off date being the 31st January 2017.
Research projects must be completed by mid-August 2017 and costs reported by end of August.
Please note that we have one access available per facility (listed below) under this call. Once a facility has been used it will be taken of the list of available facilities with EU sponsored access.
Early application is advisable.
Research Project Selection criteria
The selection of the proposal and the allocation of the facility to prospective users during the Transnational Access Programme will be performed by a Peer Review Committee composed of experts nominated by the General Assembly and will consist of:
- The Project Coordinator
- An internal Scientific Group from relevant partners (2-3 members)
- External Advisors from Industry, Academia and Research Institutions (3 members)
Evaluation of the Transnational Access project proposals will be made in accordance with the ECCSEL principles (scientific quality, relevance, and uniqueness) and selection criteria developed during the preparatory phase (Del. 2.7 on ECCSEL PP2). A summary of these is given below.
Projects will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Technology Readiness Level (reviewed through Task 1.5 Innovation Management Tool)
- Level of Research and the extent the proposal will produce new knowledge
- Scientific Merit (Originality, Innovation, Methodology, State of the art)
- Feasibility, Relevance
- Dissemination of results
- Ethical Perspective
- Environmental Impact