Obligations of TA users
The user of Transnational Access (TA) to the ECCSEL RI must:
- Users must use the ECCSEL electronic application form to apply for access under this TA program.
- Users must complete an ECCSEL pre-research questionnaire if their project has been selected before commencing research.
- Users must complete an ECCSEL post-research questionnaire after the visit of the research facility.
- Users must provide a written report, conforming to the rules specified by the European Commission, at the end of their visit (1 page summary report and description of highlights of project results). These reports will be submitted by ECCSEL to the Commission as annual or final research project reports, and may be published by the Commission.
- Users must also complete the EU on-line survey at https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/RIsurveyUSERS.
- Users must also complete the the travel and subsistence costs claim form and submit the signed form together with the related receipts. Payment of travel and subsistence costs will only be completed after receipt of these and afer completion of the above listed documents.
- Users must declare the composition of any chemicals they might want to bring with them to an ECCSEL research facility to use in their research project.
- Users must acknowledge in their publications that their work was financially supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme by displaying the EU emblem and including the following text: “This [insert type of research/result] has been done (avhieved) using the ECCSEL RI and is part of a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 675206”
- Users shall abide by the normal working practices, working hours, and health and safety regulations of the visited facility while present at the site.
- The Infrastructure or facility shall incur no liability in respect of any claim that may arise from the use of its facility under this contract. The presence of Users in the facility occurs at their own risk. Neither the personnel of the facility nor the facility or Research Infrastructure itself accept liability for the damage or loss of any instruments, apparatus and test equipment of the Users whether or not such damage or loss was caused directly or indirectly by their negligence. Each visiting user will ensure he/she has appropriate insurance, including personal health, accident cover and personal liability. The Reasearch Infrastructure may conclude an access contract with the leader of a user group.